The Future Worlds Center (leg. reg. CNTI) is looking to hire a legal advisor under the UNHCR funded project “Strengthening Asylum”. The project offers free legal and social advice to asylum seekers and persons under international protection. Its main objective is to ensure that beneficiaries have access to a fair and efficient asylum procedure and that they can enjoy their rights.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Advise asylum seekers on the asylum procedure in Cyprus and provide representation during the administrative asylum process
– Prepare and submit administrative recourses against negative asylum decisions
– Counsel and provide representation to refugees and asylum seekers on access to their rights
– Law degree (mandatory)
– Prior experience or post-graduate qualification in human rights, asylum issues and/or administrative law will be considered an advantage.
– Excellent command of both Greek and English languages.
CV and cover note to be submitted by the 30th of August 2012 to: